PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle or Teesside?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2005, 09:59
TOPJET973K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight Training

waveydavey:

Great choice to do your PPL mate and I hope you have as much fun, enjoyment and sleepless nights as I did!

Well, The Northumbria Flying School at Newcastle is a well run establishment now - a fleet of 3 PA28's (2 x 160 & 1 x 140) with another 160 due from it's C of A soon.

Instructor wise you have a new full time chap called Andy who I met for the first time yesterday and he is a really nice guy, JC - who is into his 500th year of instructing - what JC can't teach anybody isn't worth knowing! There are also a couple of good part time instructors generally used at weekends and evenings.

The warriors are £100.00 per hour with instrutor/landing fees added at the end.

Newcastle Airport's landing fees are the stumbling block - £18.00 off peak and £25.00 peak. Peak times at the moment are between 10.00 - 11.00 hrs and 15.00 - 17.00 hrs but this second window widens later in the summer.

Ground school is well run, usually on a Tuesday/Thursday evenings and we also have a suberb social side with our new bar/restaraunt.

Other than that I can't add too much more and it would be unfair to comment on St. Georges at Teeside as I haven't been there.

Do you sacrifice petrol costs for landing fees - ???

I would go with Newcastle but then that's 100% bias!

Good luck mate.

Last edited by TOPJET973K; 21st Jun 2005 at 22:36.