PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas; the thread.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2005, 09:18
Bizzi_Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gigs,

I understand your point, BUT I refuse to look at working for another airline. I enjoy the product of Q A N T A S. I like our destinations, I enjoy delivering the service, I like the flexibility of being able to working J or Y class. Varied aircraft. In one day you can easily work on 3 different aircraft types. And may I add, overall being casual works for me. I refuse to let ppl make MAM out to be negative.

Both MAM and Q A N T A S are running a business, the business of staffing flights and they need casual crew for flexibility. This is a testing time we are in. And it annoys me when full timers bag out our situation. Some compassion would be appreciated, WE knew what causal meant, WE understand our contract, WE know what the MAM websites states. People who post on this forum to degrade our intelligence about our choice to work for MAM, your comments are of no assistance and I urge you to refrain from negativitity.

We are just using this forum as a way to express concern and to hear how others are dealing with the situation.

Remember that MAM casuals tend to be the most appreciative crew, given we accept what duties we get, what ever destinations they give us. I could open up a whole bag of worms about how much full timers complain about their roster, how many overnights, how many regionals etc. The nature of crew is so negative, spare a thought for those who are willing to work. That is what we are, willing and able when it is available.

It is quite amazing to hear so many CSM's praise casuals for their efforts at work, and their positive attitudes. I don't think I need to expand on that one at all.

Bizzi