PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Psychometric Testing
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2005, 02:45
Tofasttofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry QF Psychometric Testing

Can someone out there please explain to me why the QF Psychometric test is so important?

Did the original Impulse Pilots now Jetstar Pilots have to pass the Psychometric test before QF swallowed them up?

Did the Australian Airlines Pilots pass the QF Psychometric testing before QF Swallowed them up?

I am sure this didn't occur.

I am also certain that in the above two Pilot groups, that is ex Australian and ex Impulse, there are Pilots that have not passed the Psycometric Test.
Does this make them a poor Pilot? I am sure it doesn't.

At the moment an interested Pilot can complete a course that will 80% guarantee they will pass this test.
Does this make them a bad Pilot? I am sure it doesn't.

VirginBlue Pilots as far as I am aware don't have to pass any Psychometric testing. Does this make them a poor Pilot? I am sure it doesn't.

Is flying a Jet aeroplane that much harder than flying a Turbo Prop aircraft? No it is not. Many people I know who have missed out on the QF Psycho. test have gone on to fly with Virgin, Cathay, Ansett in the past, Dragonair, Emirates and several other carriers around the World.

As QF Regional Pilot I have history with the Company and have climbed the ladder to my current position. I received a rejection letter yesterday via email to say that I was unsuccessful at the application stage. So I hear, Jetstar take into account any previous Psycho. test to cull applicants. There has also been a number of other people rejected because of this process.

QF and Jetstar you both need to update your application process and bring it into the 21st century. Both of you are missing out on good quality people/Pilots.