PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Today at EDI and always....
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 18:20
Wee Jock McPlop

and you wonder why!

Brain Fade,

Nice to hear from you old chap! Thought it would not be too long before you chipped-in!

With respect, I think that if you read my previous posts, I am not in denial, indeed I accept that there are indeed areas that can be improved. I have been in this profession in one guise or another for some time now and one thing is for sure, I am big enough and hairy enough to take constructive comments/points and learn from them. What is ever so slightly annoying, is despite being told the varied and valid reasons behind many of the issues that you and Moist have raised, you are still hell bent on pounding away solely at Edi ATC - when a number of the issues are not necessarily attributable to us. The way you have both done so invites the replies you have received - what goes around etc etc.

Forgive me, but if you are visual and want to continue visually, why do you need to wait for me to give you a hint? You're a big lad (so to speak), press the transmit button and tell me. Why do you feel the need to pandered to by ATC? If it fits with my plan (yes, I do normally have one), i'll happily let you do it. If it does'nt, then sorry no can do and no, I will not go into a long winded explanation of why we cannot sometimes give you the visual approach - that has been covered at length with you before.

As for your wind issue, the very fact that you say the wind in the Edi area can be problematic to you does in fact make my answer for me. Sometimes it can be a pig and sometimes those gaps can increase/reduce - soz. Or is that because a certain pilot has not kept to their allocated speed or that one written down in the AIP - something that I believe that you made mention of in a previous contribution?

Anyway, my old chap, the fact remains that there are better ways of getting you message across - this is not one of them. Perhaps the airline, BAA, NATS forum mentioned earlier. Or through your airline FS rep, or your line Management/Senior Captain. Just a thought..... Or have those not worked?

All the best to you,

WJMcP