PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International - what a shambles
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 17:21
WHBM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
Belfast International - what a shambles

Came through BFS yesterday evening, must take the prize for disorganisation on the terminal management side.

Most of the passenger information screens were stuck with an Internet Explorer error message splatted across them ! It would appear from the frozen clock visible on the bottom line that this had happened about 0945 and had just not been attended to since.

Despite this nobody had any wits to do any additional announcements.

The buffet before security, which has been commented on adversely here before, has gone from bad to worse, and any reasonable airport management would have got rid of whoever the contractor is long ago. A filthy, mismanaged facility selling dried-out overpriced items. They must have put all the food out early in the morning. I shan't comment on the IQ of the staff on duty there, who were managing to sell things with no relevant cutlery then available to eat them with ! "Nope, haven't got none".

Presumably the airport manager doesn't work on Sundays.

Did I travel with a "low cost carrier ?" Yes. But did I pay over £230 return from London, buying the day before ? Yes. So the excuse of "oh, you're all shell-suit oiks who like it this way" doesn't apply.