PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Today at EDI and always....
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 13:30
callyoushortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moist,

Probably the reason things seem to slow at EDI after taxi, more than anywhere else is again due infrastructure, final approach sequencing and general mix of traffic, I still maintain my point that a turboprop has to go somewhere in the sequence, and just because you arrive at C1 able to go, as he's lining up at D1 doesn't mean you should necessarily get to. Remember it's generally one departure per approach gap, and the 20 minute queue that only we seem to form has only just cleared in front of him, now it's his turn.
Also, having asked a few pilots over the past couple of cycles are they able to go from the intersection to expedite traffic, I've been faced with the response, "we haven't done the figures for it".
The other thing you're probably not aware of is a silly requirement that if someone is sitting at B1 or C1, ATC are not allowed to taxi an aircraft behind, thus slowing the operation, easier if everyone goes from the same point thus no unnecessary waiting on the taxiway.

Final approach spacing as we've thrashed to death, is the way it is, 6 miles and not too many improvements upon that.

When did I last do a fam flight?? Probably about 18 months back, what about my colleagues? I couldn't say for sure, but I'd imagine similar responses from some longer for others. We were under the impression that 9/11 had made them almost impossible unless you "knew someone", if this isn't the case do tell, I for one would be up for a few jumpseat rides......