PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Today at EDI and always....
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 13:14
moist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
callyoushortly

Look, EDI does and has asked to keep your speed up if you're number one or there's a large gap ahead. That is a fact.
In saying so, I probably seem to contradict myself as when I said EDI is the slowest, how could I be doing 330 then.

I could perhaps amend this by saying, EDI is pretty normal compared to others in arrival sequencing.
It is the departures that are much more frustrating, because the constant cul de sac problems, push back, then waiting for a long time - longer than usual, compared to other airports (Not LHR of course) to line up and take off.

I know it is not YOUR fault that the cul de sac is blocked, or that I have to wait for an inbound before I could push. That happens anywhere really. But once you're on the move things seem to slow down a lot more than elsewhere. The allocation of C or B for departure sometimes would make a difference, even if there's a TP at the end just about to line up. Here we could get out of your hair faster, the airspace wouldn't be so empty for so much longer etc... By the way I have spent my time on TPs.

Perhaps a bit more flexibility is in order. How many of you have been on a flight recently. Fair enough to invite us to the tower, hows about you guys joining us for 4 sectors soon??

cheers - moist