PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Today at EDI and always....
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 12:06
Wee Jock McPlop

And you wonder why!

Moist/Brain Fade,

The reason why you have received such a hostile response from Edi controllers, and others, is because you have failed to grasp the facts and blame Edi ATC for what is in fact a far wider issue. The reasons for your frustrations are understandable up to a point, but do not necessarily lie at the door of Edi ATC. Try reading (again) the comments about airfield layout/infrastructure, less than expeditious SID routeings, ScATCC limitations etc, etc. They have been explained a number of times over on this and other previous posts. The issue is more far ranging and you should have realised that by now. Yet you still come back to it being an Edi ATC issue, choose to air your ill-informed complaints on the www and wonder why you're being chewed-out!

There are ways to go about things and ways not to. To tell us to 'make an effort' is a poor joke. We at Edi, like all the ATC staff at Gla, ScATCC and elsewhere, work bloody hard on a daily basis to give you guys what you want - given the limitations placed on us. To infer we are not making an effort is an insult. If I have an issue with a pilot, I do not choose to air it on PPRUNE and give them/their company a very public slagging - possibly because it might turn out to be me that is wrong, not them! Yes, there are areas for improvement and yes, some of those areas are being looked at - but not all. Just remember, there are ways to go about gettings these improvements and ways not to. I strongly suggest you both find a more professional/constructive way of furthering your complaints/issues and then you might get a different response.