PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Today at EDI and always....
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 08:45
moist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having started this thread a while ago, it seems I am not the only one that feels that EDI ATC needs to start adapting to their ever increasing workload. The new tower is a realistic step in the right direction.

What worries me at the moment is the attitude of some controllers, with defensive answers to a real problem. The problem isn't just ours as pilots but theirs as well.

The way BF has been related to here and the way he was just not given the answers to his genuine questions, goes in the same bag.

Regarding other comments about "nor can do" attitude, I wholeheartedly agree with the poster. It is just a huge pain in the ar$e to try and do a day's work efficiently from EDI when all this negativity is going on.

The place is clearly being run slowly and inefficiently and needs to wake up and smell the coffee. We operate all over the place and have the right tools/gauges to compare EDI with any other airport in Europe, but our comments, which could be taken as a free of charge market survey, with a few suggestions therein, seems to be falling on deaf ears or being attacked by defensive attitudes.

We are your customers, we need change, you need to listen and provide. Simple. Make an effort. Place jets before turboprops, use gaps efficiently, predict well ahead, expedite where need be and let us do our 4 sectors on time.

mmmmmmmmmmmoist