PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 01:17
WhiteOak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for the great encouragement. My interview session last for 30 minutes, and it was really a great experience. For those who are going for the next interview. Below listed some of the questions they prompted.

1. Tell me the latest big event that is happening around the world. [I told them the paris airshow, which is showcasing the A380]

2. Any idea of the latest news conceaning SIA? [I told them its the trans pacific route that is rejected by Australia.

3. What do you think is the main reason for the denial. [I told them it comes down to airline revenue at the end of the day. The trans pacific route is definitely going cut a big hole on the kangaroo's pocket.]

4. Name me some of the engines fitted on our airplanes. [Well, the RR, PW, and the GE that are coming with the new 300sER]

5. And so, tell me where are the engines manufacturors HQ located at. [I don't know]

6. Since you are rather good in your science and maths papers. Let me pose you a question. how high do you think an airplane can fly? [I would say FL250 to FL400]

7. Do you think it can fly higher? [That depends on the aircraft type. As you go higher, air is thinner, and if there are not enough air inside the engine due to partial pressue, the engine might flame out. "not sure if i got this right"]

8. What speed do you think a B747 is able to travel. [0.8 - 0.9 mach]

9. What is a mach? [the speed of sound, sir]

10. Heard of the aircraft manufacturor MD? Tell me what happened to it. [I'm not very sure, however i did come across Boeing MD10, a good guess is MD being bought over by Boeing. Then again, I'm not very sure.]

11. How many engines are there on a MD10? [3 engines, one at the midship rear, 2 on each wing.]

I hope all these helps for the next interviewees, and good luck to everyone interviewing on 17th June 2005.