PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Air Quality
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 00:13
fly babe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rat,

I fly nearly everyday and IMHO:
Low Humidity - Causes dry skin and the need to drink plenty of water. We flight attendants recognise this and so ensure we use lots of moisturiser and drink lots of water to combat the dry air.
Low O2 - I sometimes get a little breathless (particularly when bending down to retrieve drinks from the bottom drawer of the drinks cart). I rarely have pax tell me they are suffering any ill effects.
Temperature - Very hard to get right in the cabin! Pax often ask for the heating to be turned up probably because they are stationary for a long while wearing their holiday t-shirts; while we crew turn the heating down since we are mobile and busy!
Drafts - always in the centre of the cabin, and often in the rear galley, even with airvents closed - unsure why?!
Stale Air - only notice this after the a/c has been to bed overnight with the doors closed up.
Odours - shoeless feet, 150+ pax with "morning breath" and armpits! Ive learnt to breathe through my mouth rather than nose!
Viruses/bacteria - I dont even want to think about it!

Generally, the air in the cabin is of a far better quality than most airconditioned offices since it is 'cleaned' before being recycled.

fb