PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone done this?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2005, 00:13
wouldulikefrieswiththat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Has anyone done this?

and succeeded?

I'm fairly short on hours although I am confident that with effort I could land another job somewhere west or north. However, I do have reasons to stay in Brisbane, for the time being at least, and have come up with a crazy idea involving buying my own twin. I would like to fly it for anywhere between 200 and 500 hours of command time and then maybe sell it off if that is the right thing to do at the time. First and foremost it would be fun to own my own twin and get to fly whenever I feel like it, but also hopefully this might give me a running start at a twin gig somewhere around the country.

So the upside would be the 200 to 500 hours of twin command time however a downside might include that this time is not "commercial exposure". Would this really matter as I would have experience at running my own aircraft?

Has anyone else gone down this path?
Any hints or tips / pro or cons to consider?

Am I stupid? Can it work?

In addition
I'm thinking ... has to be affordable (of course) and have good resale probability. Possibly something like a twin comanche or seneca. With good hours to run on both engines and props. Not sure whether it would be wise to have it run online with a flying school to help subsidise a little?

It is only a "thought" at the moment

Any help from anyone ... much appreciated