PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NFC EIWT Ireland???
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2005, 16:17
Boeing737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive started my ppl training there and i have no complaints. Im happy with the instruction and it is the most local to me too. FireFox has hit the nail on the head. Stick with the one instructor, as every instructor will have his own teaching methods (They maintain student records there that record exactly what you training you have completed to date, so any instructor can pick up your student record and know exactly what has to be done which is nice and efficient.Its a completely different setup to what it was when i flew out there 5 years ago in 2000 before the NFC established itself, much more professional now).

When i complete a lesson, i simply make a booking for the next one there and then. All i say is "can i book a lesson for next week, and can you stick me down with X".
Best of luck, and i hope to see you around out there,
take care.

Im also gonna say this: Watch out for that bloody M50, it can become gridlocked about 4 km out from the toll bridge, just as you pass the turn off for blanchardstown. Try to avoid lessons that will require you to shoot down the M50 around rush hour. I need to get a map out and have a look at the backroads to try and bypass the toll bridge, Euro3.60 for each round trip builds up!