PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 717 Q's... Anything we need to know?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2005, 01:41
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaahh...my little 717 is going west...

A few things about our little 'SuperJet' you SHOULD know:

1) No one I know has ever really had to bother about unblocking the toilet. Yes, the procedures exist...but not much else for you to be concerned with.

Just remember...DON'T FLUSH THE DAMN THINGS WHILST ON THE GROUND...The poor baggage handlers get a whiff from 'the tank' each flush. Some ramp staffers have (allegedly) fallen out of the baggage hold due to the strength of the 'fumes'. So I'm told!

2) The toilet mirrors are not the most complimentary...at the very least, if you can look good in our mirrors, you can look good ANYWHERE!

3) With that whole smoke in the cabin ritual, so long as Door 1R and Door 2 (@ at the tailcone) are BOTH disarmed, you won't have any problem.

Yes...if you open Door 2 while armed you COULD blow the tailcone and slide inflight...which is why you have to check, and re check, you have everything set BEFORE you open the doors.

4) Jettison - to separate from, to dispose of...the tailcone separates from the aircraft (and has done on DC-9s for decades...so nothing new)

5) You will miss having a rear galley on the 717 vs 146. Less places for you to 'chill' inflight.

6) The crew at the back of 717 won't appreciate being stuck between two crappers. There is no ventilation back there - which is really helpful in summer.

Other than that...the SuperJet doesn't have much else in the way of problems. Enjoy the ride (at least there's no fumes)