PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Today at EDI and always....
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2005, 18:06
benedictus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATCBabe,

Statistics are wonderful things 20% sounds like a lot, break it dowwn for the month it's not that much more - probably accounts for all the freight movements you have, might be worth looking at the passenger figures or aircraft types to make a decent comaprison.

1. Yes we can see the runway - we don't however have an SMR

2. Only have RET's on 23 and we are in the process of stopping using them due to possible implications of the siting of the holding points

3. I would suggest we probably work more VFR than PH, look at all the stuff flying out of PG, I've never (in the 6 years I've been at PF) nor do I know anyone that has ever refused a zone transit

4. We work IFR to PK, PG and all the crap in Class G out to the West all of which are not classed in our movement figures either.

5. Push from Stand 6, 7, 21, 31, (767 off 36) (767 off 19) and you block a whole taxiway (Just ask Easy Jet Crew how annoying this is), stand4 will block K, 10 or 16 will block L, 23 or 28 will block M, 33 will block N.

Our difficulties are as unique to us as yours are to EDI, the fact is we both work well doing what we do that is moving the traffic we have with the limitations that apply to us and the same goes for all the uniots across the land. SAFE ORDERLY EXPEDITIOUS in that order.

I am happy to say that we do it well perhaps better than anyone else in the world.