PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sqn Banter - PLEASE Join In the fun!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2005, 16:24
Oggin Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would anyone from the Home Counties voluntarily move to a university in scouser land..?
Well, I did and bl@@dy glad I did too. Got away from the greed and one upmanship of the south - it was really quite refreshing.

An education in life, met a whole bunch of great people and had a smashing time. One thing that has stuck with me since leaving was the scouser's amazing sense of humour and generiosity of spirit. I was in the city center when they held a minute's silence just after the Heysel tragedy and it was very moving. Yes they have a reputation for being theiving gits but that kind of thing happens in most urban areas. Couple of times went to Preston Poly (as it was then called) to their Union with a LUAS oppo and again had a great time. Didnt really go too much to the Liverpool Union as it was run by students with vastly differing political views however when I did pop in the beer was cheap!

.... and who could ever forget an Abduls at the top of Bold street on the way home from a night out

Oggin