PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Pacific
Thread: Air Pacific
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2005, 05:52
bluepacific

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VH WASA,
I believe your frustrations would be more to Risthworth then the "natives" as you so call them, but by addressing the locals as "natives" you've already set the mood, categorising them.
I'm one of the few that left AP for the desert and after several years with AP feel I can comment.
The locals never had anything against the expats who came in and realized that they were here to fill in the gap, but some of them came in and immediately wanted to change things, procedures, etc.
Alot also just used to hang around with themselves at the Tanoa bar never mixing with the locals, obviously you must all brief each other when you first join around the bar, saying this and that.
My statement is that if you guys mixed there wouldn't be that much of a problem, but you come in immediately wisked away by expats for the "brief" that all locals are enemies and all locals are anti expat.
Most aren't you just never got to know them.
As for standards , after leaving AP and working here in the sand pit I can defitnitely vouch for AP standards and they are very high.
Anyways this is becoming a novel.
Safe flying where ever you are and who ever you're flying with, expat or local.