PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces overstretched
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2005, 00:34
vecvechookattack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK. I'll try and answer some of the points made. Firstly, I didn't train them. The engineering training school trained them. They just sat at the back of the class with the rest of the guys.

Secondly. The RAF engineers are not going front line (That really wouldn't be fair would it - they didn't join for that). They just help out on the shop floor conducitng 2nd and 3rd line servicing.

the point reference "What you've completely failed to explain/acknowledge (probably because you haven't a clue) is that they're almost all directly out of training and not yet experienced enough to be let loose on front line sqns ".. well hang on. Are you saying that the routine now is that the Engineers do their basic training and then they join a Navy Base until they have enough experience to rejoin the RAF?
No, thats not the answer. The truth is that the RAF recruited far too many engineers (expecting Typhoon to be on line) and now they can't employ them (cos youv'e got too many). If you are telling me that the RAF are short of engineers they why don't you take them back.