PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASCOT ops love or hate
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2005, 23:56
Roguedent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a relatively inexperienced truckkie, I have seen both the best and worst of Ascot in my short time. I think the thread should be 'Love and Hate'. Yes you sometimes have the 'Ascot Shuffle' at Brize, but once down route they are generally very good. Apart from shift change, but that affects all trades me thinks. Remember, its not just Ascot Ops that define the task. I have heard the 'ITOC' course at Brize is an eye opener for what goes on behind the scenes of 2Group and Ascot.

Now on to sledging!!

Buoy15,

As a experienced person (won't call you captain, it might make your already massive 'operational' ego explode) you of all people should know not to throw stones. Try telling the non-operational C17 boys they get up everyone's nose!!

As for you doing on your own, I have seen the consequences of people who think they know better than the big picture! It normally involves orbitting on a Turkish border waiting for Dip clearance, before being told NO!! Then diverting to Cyprus, ringing said 'Ascot' grovelling a bit, waiting for the bosses comment that will involve a meeting without tea and biscuits, then once that is all over trudging to block 101, where the only accommodation has been taken over by a Herc crew (non-operational of course), who are out of crew duty as they had a non-operational Comp A out of Basrah. To top it all off, you go for a Kebab and some AVGAS F69 (coccanelli) at Chris's, to find the VC10 crew have filled the place out!

Most Captains put forward a workable solution to Ascot, and most of the time that suggestion is taken. If Ascot makes a cr@p decision, then so be it. At least the Captain isn't in the poo for leaving the pax waiting at Hannover, for a Jet which has just landed at Brize.

I am very fortunate that you are not my captain

Just nailing you in the box that golpcup put you in!!