PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Today at EDI and always....
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2005, 21:10
ATCbabe
PPRuNe's favourite BABE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Why did the "person in authority" whomever it may have been, pick the busiest and most unpopular time to caliberate the ILS?
To get back to the original topic there is never a good time to have a calibration, let alone a wrong end calibration!!!

As one of the controllers on that weekend I would like to say that my colleagues worked their b*llocks off that weekend. Not only was it busy with IFR traffic and a busy VFR day but with a wrong end callibration and an airshow at East Fortune, who's aircraft were all based at Edi, hence worked in and out to make good their display times, there wasn't one of us that didn't go home feeling shattered. And before anyone says "awwww shame", I'm not complaining thats the job we are payed to do.

The calibration was essential, otherwise we would have no ils, so a small delay is always going to occur. Had we not got it finished that weekend then the calibrator aircraft would have toodled away sunday night to his next job and Edi would have had to wait for another available slot, prob at the earliest the next weekend, delaying the ils by at least a week. Not really good considering fog is not uncommon!

As for your comments Brain Fade I for one am becoming tired of hearing them. As always you are welcome for a visit to ATC, perhaps for once you will accept and come over then maybe you will stop whining quite as much.

Babe