PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAS 's to close (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2005, 14:13
Green Meat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing that interests me about some of the posts on this thread is the odd 'foot in both camps' attitude. All organisations need commitment and by spreading yourself over several activities you diminish what you can provide. Anyone in a managerial position will tell you that it is immensely frustrating not to be able to effectively plan because individiuals on whom you may rely, or for whom you have made arrangements for, have decided that doing their other activity interests them more at that point in time.

I would suggest that people unsure about whether to commit either give your time to the UAS or to the ATC, but not both. I would expect that ATC units would be glad to see you back as a guest speaker from time to time but I suspect equally that the UAS would not be pleased that you couldn't attend because you were doing an ATC activity.

Ranger5's experience is interesting to hear from the other side of the fence, and just reinforces the point that there always comes a time in life that you have to make a decision and perhaps move on.

Last edited by Green Meat; 17th Jun 2005 at 16:23.