PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airlines New Uniform
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2005, 07:35
YONLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So we are getting yet another silly looking uniform. How surprising! I realise that we are the bottom of the food chain at the Qantas Group but why do we have to look and feel like it?

I also have to ask why are we changing the uniform anyway? Was it not because over 80% of us stated in a culture and engagement survey that we hated how we looked? I would rather wear the current one. At least it is comfortable. And some of the men look very nice in those black pants indeed!

And what was the point of the uniform committee? The 'uniform guru', (I would love to see her resume!), basically ignored the imput of the members. I also realise that a lot of the outcome will be based on cost so we can't be too hard on her...

If anyone can find a piece of research on the correlation between uniforms, morale, productivity and profit please forward it to our management. Maybe when they see that a small outlay for uniforms could have a positive effect on profit they might change their tune! (AO though, I doubt it!!!)