PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adventia - ICAO ATPL Conversion
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2005, 00:12
fsrmg1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Adventia - ICAO ATPL & CPL Conversion

Hello,

I’m currently looking into having my FAA or CASA ATPL converted to a JAR ATPL. Since I’m not typed in heavy metal, I have to do it the long way. I’ve been looking around and have come up with at school in Salamanca Spain called Adventia, who is offering an ICAO ATPL conversion. The course is done on site, including 400 hours ground (plus writtens) and 10 hours flight (plus check ride). Cost is about 6k Euro for single engine or 7k for twin and takes about 3 months to do. This seems to be about the most condensed and cost effective course that I’ve been able to locate so far.

Does anybody know anything about this school or have any experiences with them that they would like to share? It looks like they may be state run and do quit a bit for training for SAS, Spanair and Iberia…

The only problem that I see, is that they only run this course on demand and have a minimum number of students required (15-20) to attend before they will run it. They were to run one starting this July, but due to low enrolment, it was cancelled (bummer). I’m interested in taking this course and I know another. I’m sure that there are a number of others out there who also may be interested. If we can get together a group large enough, I think that they’ll run a course for us this autumn…

Are there any takers out there willing to pool together and help? Here is a link to the school:

http://www.adventia.org/indexe.htm

P.S. I forgot to add that they also do ICAO CPL conversions too!

Last edited by fsrmg1; 16th Jun 2005 at 01:00.