PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2005, 16:37
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AC100, what Emirates do is of little interest. They are not a brand new airline starting from scratch, they already have people with oodles of hours and experience in the management positions. VGN has to ensure that its early recruitment brings in the experience necessary for the candidates to be capable of filling management positions in the future, not just flyers fresh out of Flying schools

Also, there have been a fair few threads on here where pilots have questioned the operating procedures etc of Emirates. I have no idea if they were justified comments or not, but obviously not everyone thinks they are great.

Your comments re lack of opportunity for 'local' pilots is off target. Sure the first couple of wet leased a/c offer limited opportunities, but then the a/c that follow will offer plenty of opportunities and there will be jobs a plenty for pilots with relevant experience.
I am a little concerned at some attitudes on here from local pilots who have gone abroad to work and now complain that ex pats might come to their country to work as they did to the ex pats countries. It cuts both ways guys.

I heard that there were a tremendous number of applicants to the first adverts. so there were always going to be those who were disappointed when they didn't make the cut first time around, but then if they have gone away and sulked then perhaps their CRM isn't too hot anyway