PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take-Off Power - How often?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2005, 16:07
Quick Release

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Nck's" bean explanation sums it up well, keep in mind the B206 flight manual gives us these limits and so indicate no inspection required even giving you a transient limit as well both with TQ and Tot but surley reduce its life, X amount of hrs of stress bring it to the end of its life, increase the stress and reduce the life, it may or may not fail but what may have started out a +2 or 3 rated engine reduces and only makes the pwr assurance hopfully not before time and certainly reducing that valuable performance.
The flight manual quotes limits for starts over 810* so we may say fine but the Allison maint manual says these starts are accumulative meaning must be causing unecessary stress and so reducing its life and so performance (at best). They dont clarify the limts with regards 5mins and how often is acceptable but will look forward to seeing you when you stop by for your new engine well before its due! lol
I look after our machines like i own them, only use limits when i must , dont try read between the lines and look for ways to abuse them, thats all the boss can ask for i recon.