PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police observers - passengers or crew?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2001, 02:10
OBERON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have put an update on the Air Support Forum and thought it would be worthwhile doing so here.
My federation rep has done some sterling work in the investigation of this matter and has presented it to the Police Federation National Health & Safety Committee. It is hoped that they will take it up and run with it on our behalf. If they decide against it then it is planned to table it as a motion to be discussed by the Police Federation Conference. Whichever way it goes, I hope we will get this obvious injustice into the limelight.
A meeting has also been requested with our Police Authority to obtain their views on the matter, including their proposals for any compensation to observers within our force who may suffer in the event of any accident.
I will update both forums when I hear more but, in the meantime, if any other police observer would care to go to their federation and put pressure from more than one branch, please feel free. If anybody wants to e-mail me and use me to contact our federation rep with the research answers, please do so.