PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police observers - passengers or crew?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2001, 21:53
PurplePitot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

442: You can rest assured that I also think this subject matters a great deal and I have no doubts that you have a very valid claim against the Insurance Company in question. Clearly, the best legal advice your employers were given at the time was seriously flawed or indeed wilfully negligent and I suggest that this is the line you should take to redress this tragic situation in the courts. I also think that the Chief Constable at the time should have fully satisfied himself that all was in order before committing his policeman to the air support unit, not do have done so was negligent. As an aside, your local MP is a highly experienced QC. If you haven’t already done so can I recommend that you contact him and brief him fully on the facts of the case so that you might gain some representation in parliament?

I apologise for, what in retrospect, looks like a flippant comment, it was not meant to offend. Having said that, however, I still maintain that if the main thrust of your claim is that you were crew at the time and not pax – then it will fail, and that would be a travesty. I wish you the very best of luck..

[ 26 September 2001: Message edited by: PurplePitot ]