PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Gw2 Revelations...
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2005, 08:58
JessTheDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More people voted for Blair than either Howard OR Kennedy, (though not combined, obviously) that's what I was getting at, as I'm sure you're aware - this was in response to MOSTAFA pointing out correctly that Blair 'only' got 37% of the vote – 64%didn't vote for him. like I say, enjoy the next five years and chill – you don’t want to burn out too soon!
Most people voted for someone (or no-one) other than Bliar. Indeed, Bliar polls negatively when compared to Gordon Brown (worth another 5% at least).

There is a crisis in representative democracy simmering away that is likely to manifest itself initially during the G8 summit and at various stages thereafter.

Bliar pretends to have "listened" and puts his chum Adonis in charge of education (anyone who believes Ruth Kelly is in charge is drunk) and puts a Labour donor-crony in charge of MoD procurement. The Department for Constitutional Affairs is contemptibly headed by another patronage appointee and crony, Charles Falconer.

Next year are more local elections. Labour will take another pounding, particularly after council tax revaluation. In Scotland, Labour are doing badly and it is only good fortune for them that the SNP are also doing poorly. Scotland may see a Lib Dem First Minister in 2007! Add to that the restive Labour majority of 67, likely to be tested with ID cards (and associated civil disobedience)and other Bliar/Birt/McKinsey "reforms" and it is difficult to see how Bliar is anything other than a liability.

If he did follow Dubya next door into Iran/Syria, this country would see widespread civil disobedience and consciencous objection on the part of military personnel, particularly reservists that are now so crucial. I predict Bliar would be toppled after demonstrations similar to the Ukraine "orange revolution". The one factor that makes an Iran/Syria venture highly unlikely is the politico-military blundering that has tied down troops in Iraq and has made a return to Afghanistan (5000 NATO ARRC Brits) necessary.