PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2005, 22:05
MrDearne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really not sure if you are trying to wind the DSA contingent up or you are actually having difficulty in grasping the rudimentary concept here.

Peel solely financed the airport. Objective One funding is being used to help redevelop the Finningley area and infrastructure around the airport. These are 2 separate entities. The benefit of having an international airport, literally on the doorstep, is encouraging businesses to move to the area. This is where we will see most of the 7000 jobs being created.
On hindsight I think Peel showed great vision to suggest five years ago, that 7000 jobs would be created, there is certainly no reason for them to retract this figure now.

There are no longer ‘strong differences of opinion’. The airport is set to be a resounding success. The only person who seemingly can’t grasp this fact is you. You can search until your heart is content to find discrepancies.
I think my best advice for you 7006, is to wait for a couple of years, and then if DSA begins to stagnate, much the way HUY is doing at the moment………..then armed with all your hard empirical evidence you can ram it down our throats. Until then, attempting to discredit DSA whilst it’s riding on a crest of wave is futile. You’re on a hiding to nothing.

Quote from official site:

Robin Hood Airport is already a thriving business community with over 100 businesses occupying in excess of half a million sq ft of existing space.
Over 2000 jobs created thus far!