PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reality TV
Thread: Reality TV
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2005, 21:53
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet used to announce the filming of a new series on their website asking anyone flying during the period of filming who had 'an interesting story' to contact the television company beforehand.

So the filming of such people chasing bulls or going on stag or hen groups (the only common denominator being they flew with easyJet to get there) are certainly not spur of the moment events captured by cameras that happened to be running when the 'actors' turned up.

I think the shows such as Airline and Airport (with that blasted animal man who appears every week, making the programme seem more like one about a zoo instead of Britain's major airport) have run their course and should be pensioned off.

I now record them and fast forward them and find that in each 28 minute Airport and 24 minute Airline (cut out the start and end titles plus adverts and this is the length) there is usually no more than ten minute's worth that vaguely interests me.

I disagree with WATABENCH about the second BRS series. Granted there was a lot of padding as he describes but there was still far more 'front line' aircraft action than you ever see in the two national programmes mentioned above.

As a non-industry viewer I enjoyed the BRS series although doubtless those 'in the trade' would watch these types of programme from a different perspective and understandably pick holes in them in the same way that I am sure policmen would criticise the endless 'reality' programmes about their job.

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 13th Jun 2005 at 22:10.