PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B727 crash landing in Lagos
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2005, 20:54
ZAZOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said NDB17( By the way how are you ol boy) nothing left for me to add to your post other than I also know the Captain concerned and concur with you on his professional manner in handling his duties. Top Aviator !

1. Water logged runway they say........ well what ere ministers people doing with a water logged runway!!! for Christ's sake it is common knowledge Mr Minister that Airports have an efficient procedure when it comes to water on the runway, and it does not take 2.5hrs to put that procedure into place and get aircraft back on the ground. eh ehm someone please remind me what they call them again

Can He confidently tell us what procedure is available on ground in Lagos Do they have the equipment, is it operational.

Cos if he has forgotten it is not a very good policy for airports to say landing rights denied, go somewhere else!

I hope he will also suspend those responsible for keeping the runway clogged with water, cos it looks like in this country pilots are always to blame for things like this.

Zaz