PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small Schools Verses Large Schools?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2005, 20:43
blueskywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small Schools Verses Large Schools?

Having just given up my full time job and arranged a fairly large loan, I am about to embark upon the training (full time) for what i hope will be the first steps toward a long and enjoyable career in the airlines.

I have decided to go the modular route and I am now faced with the daunting prospect of choosing where to do my training. I am keen to do it all in the same place (ATPLs' may well have to be distance learning) so as to keep some continuity to my flying (this I hope will include PPL too). I dont want to go abroad as I intend to fly in the UK.

My question is if I do my training at a smaller school, for example one of the schools at Exeter (Flightpass, AFT, Aviation South West, all of whom seem to be very professional), with no controlled airspace, will this affect my employment prospects at the other end compared to if I had trained at a larger airfield with controlled airspace? Do the airlines look at this? In fact any thing I can do to make my CV look better, I will.

Basically, I will have a substantial loan to service after my training and I'm damn sure I dont want to revert to my previous career whilst waiting for that first flying job if I can help it! All and any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

BSW