PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I too old?
Thread: Am I too old?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2005, 17:59
lobsterbisque

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
4 years ago i asked the same question, i had just started my ppl, i now have the fatpl and am 32. the advice that was given to me was that 35 was a cut off, but it depends what you have done up to now, for example are you working in the industry? As for current job hunting here is some food for thought, Thompson state that for SO positions you need to be 30 or under; CTC (i think) you need to be under 34; ba (i hear) once you put the oat/jerez stuff aside are not keen on 35 plus for so/fo low hours. but i do know of 1 guy that was 40 ish and got a job in the last couple of months, but he did have excellent contacts and has had to relocate to the other side of the country - but life is for living and dreams are had to come true, as for the sound advice from red-snail - it is a f'in nightmare this job hunting lark! Also budget 35 grand but be aware that it is likely to cost more (up to 20% i would argue) and take longer than you think, Best of luck with your decision, i do sometimes wonder if the 40K would have been better put to a house or a nice c172 - but i have no regrets.