PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay vs Air Canada?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2005, 03:14
idleopdes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting thread... my 32 years at AC have been exceptionally enjoyable. Never worked for CX so can't comment. The things I have appreciated about AC are as follows...

Generally lots of stability, even during CCAA there was never much doubt that things would work out. Lucky never to have been layed off.

I live 30 minutes from YYZ, never enjoyed the thought of commuting, I even hate deadheading!

Same base, YYZ for entire career. Lots of family stability, 3 stable, happy kids, 1 wife

Solid, steady career advancement.... 2 years as an oiler, 16 as an f/o, last 14 as the old man. Now 340 Capt flying mainly to HKG of all places. Great place to layover, not sure if I'd want to live there?

Variety of flying has been fantastic.... from layovers in Torbay, Brussels, Barbados, Rome, Quebec City, New York, Honolulu, Thunder Bay, Santiago.. you get the picture. Never got bored because things changed every few years.

Great people here at AC. Even though the CDN merger has caused some problems, individually they are good people to work with.

Although we have some problems living here in the Great White North, like weather and politics... I still have yet to find anything better, especially watching 4 hurricanes steam through Florida last summer.

All and all, I'd do it the same way again given the choice.

Cheers