PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage hits BA.
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2005, 23:27
fortuna76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can understand that if you are part of the established order and you have once seen better times, it is logical to complain about things that once were. So far so good.

But to say that BA is not a viable option for DEP is just not true. I work in a small turboprop outfit and I know that just about everyone has applied with BA. I was lucky enough to be invited to the interview, so I am sort of knocking on the front door (awaiting the results btw).

From what I have heard during the assessment, and I have to say that they tell it really as it is, it does not sound that bad. Ok the long time to captaincy is a serious down point. But for the rest.

Pay: I make about 1800 pounds net as a captain so that shouldnīt be a big problem.

Scheduling: I work the JAA max WRR and then have to remind ops about three times a month to reschedule because the intended plan will put me over it.

Pension: Our pension scheme pays out at 65 while we only work till 60. Company has no idea what I should do in the mean time.

Travel arrangements: We donīt have it

Sector pay: We donīt have it

Duty allowance: Itīs a lot less then you would spend.

Again this is just a turboprop outfit and conditions are absolutely not comparable to a BA but I am just trying to point out that for a lot of guys BA is a very very good option. Sorry if I offended anybody with this post.

Cheers.