PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a few answers..
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2005, 22:23
SamGuest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Looking for a few answers..

Hello there!

New to PPrune, spent the past few hours reading through the countless numbers of pages, found sum very humouress and interesting topics, but sadly have not answered the specific questions that i have.

I have just finished my first year of sixth form college and have 11 months left, before i enter the big wide world.

When i leave, or 'graduate' in summer 2006, i am hoping to become a C/C.
I would prefer to work for a LCC, atleast to start with, such as easyJet or Ryanair, before moving onto the 'big boys'

I was wondering if you lot could tell me the best way about entering the C/C career field. Is it best to send in your C/V to an airline with a covering letter? or to visit the 'job fairs' and opening evenings? i really dont know!

I currently work at Newcastle Airport (NCL / EGNT), in one of the stores in the departure lounge, and have been working within the customer services field for almost a year now.

Is customer services the best type of experiance to gain before applying as CC?

Also, i live close to Newcastle Airport, but am i going to be better of moving down to London for better chance of recruitment? Because lets face, there is about to be more openings for people based in London rather than up here in Newcastle.

As common sense kicks it, i realise that it may get as a very boring routine working on a LCC all my life. Therefore i do actually hope to work on long haul services such as LHR>JFK etc, etc. What do the big airlines such as VAA, BA and MA look for in people working on these long haul flights? or is it just basically the same recruitment process as LCC's?

I would like to thank you all in advance for taking the time to hear me out, and would like as much advice and tips as possible, thanks allot people!