PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Gw2 Revelations...
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2005, 22:19
MOSTAFA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SASless you back again?

You can doubt all you want as far as I am concered, I never said I left Blighty (as you call it), I think your confused with caz there, I only said I left the Military. As for Alec Baldwin, cant say I'd know him if I fell over him!

As for a definition of war, I dunno, I suppose its when people start getting killed on a regular basis. I spent many a year in Northern Ireland, and using your definition of military action, was that a war? Again, I dunno. I do know thousands of people died there which, included hundreds of soldiers. But thats where the problem really starts for me, you see, we went there to protect the lives of British citizens. It might not have turned out that way but thats why we went. In my heart then, I thought it was right and just; and still do today.

Along came the Falklands, agreed most never even knew where they were but again we went there to protect the lives of British citizens. Again I thought it just then and still do today.

Along came the Gulf and Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, in simple terms British citizens were again threatened, I forget how many were garrisoned there but old Saddam wasn't gonna let them go. I thought it was right and just and still do today.

The rest is history but I could not justify the 30+ that die there every day and will continue to die for many a day to come. Yes, the justification then was those magic letters WMD, if any serviceman had doubts why he went there thats it and what Iraq could do with those WMD's.

But we now know that was a lie, dont we and lets face it thats all I have harped on about all day.