PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money for Air Ambulances (and Crews!!)
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2002, 10:15
[email protected]

Received 652 Likes on 287 Posts
Push,. .Having reread my own post it does seem a little anti Air Ambulance which it is not meant to be - I agree the controllers need to be made more aware of helicopters and how to use them. We regularly fly ambulance crews on training sorties to help them understand what we can and can't do, maybe the controllers should be given the same opportunity with your helicopters.. .Sadly the SAR force is having to fight off moves to contractorise us, possibly giving all maritime SAR to the Coastguards. If this happens, because the powers that be think that Military SAR isn't military enough, then all the inland stuff will have to be done by Air Ambulance including the night, poor wx jobs(I don't think air ambulance crews are allowed to hovertaxi up hills in cloud on goggles). . .Overall this would probably lead to a reduction in service to the patients but possibly some more air ambulances with CAA clearance to use bigger aircraft fitted with winches and using NVG and FLIR. . .No I don't mind your pay rise, if the money was better I'd probably jump ship myself!