PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2005, 20:57
circseam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7006 Fan - Circseam,
"If HUY listened to you, they would all pack up and go home. which they won't as they are up for it. (real Dunkirk spirit, and we all know what happened after that!)"

Up for it? Up for what exactly, HUY is going no where real fast, its reliant on charters and a couple of cheduled routes, take a look at the past 7006 Fan, its an airport that has been subsided by the people of Ex-Humberside region and look what it has achieved in all those years.

As Ive said previously Im not against HUY, far from it, I had the outlook like some you guys on here but after reading some posts on here and looking back over the airports history I have come to the conclusion that I'm am just a realist that believes the arrival of DSA will prevent HUY from becomming anything more than it already is, a regional airport with little (in regard to what other airports offer) to offer locals, such as myself.

I've read the posts of some whom I believe just dont see the bigger picture, the route wish lists of peole who seem not see that the economics of operating from HUY just are not there, the continual going around in circles as to who, what and when was to blame.

Dunkirk was an evacuation of men in distress, the resolve of those men is an example to others but to quote such spirit and a time in history in conjunction with HUY doesnt quite sit right with me......

Ands as for the continual sniping of DSA, its getting awfully boring especially when HUY in seemingly in such a state, Id thought all your efforts would be better sorting out HUY's management.

Circseam