PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Gw2 Revelations...
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2005, 17:01
MOSTAFA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SASLess,

"Bosses blowing bugles......" I remain unconvinced pal.

Absolutely nothing personal but I've spent a lifetime fighting terrorism. Please dont think I am some sort of defeatist, I am not but you cannot fight terrorism by going into a war on more than dodgy mandate. If you believe its right to support another Country then fine make your argument.

You cannot tell the people that you represent a downright lie because you know they will not support your actions if you tell the truth.

You most certainly cannot expect the Armed Forces of the country that you represent to support your actions knowing your motivation to be a downright lie. If you do, you do not deserve their support.

A Tom, (Private Soldier) could tell you that you only make more terrorists by doing it that way! Sadly, the old adage "fighting for freedom" and "virginity" springs to mind.

Its pointless to try and compare Iraq with anything else thats gone before and even more pointless to try and condone it by saying it should have been sorted out then.

Sorry pal patriotism will never justify it to me.

I remain convinced that if Mr Blair "blew his bugle" and said follow me he would be a lonely chap, as he seems today.