PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Gw2 Revelations...
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2005, 12:58
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
Jay,

For some reason...I doubt that statement. The Boss blew the Bugle....the Troops rally forth. That is the way it is. We Americans have doubted our leadership since Vietnam....and rightfully so....it was a Democrat that got us into and kept us in that morass until a Republican got us out of it. Several million people died after we left.....there is a penalty to be paid for not finishing the job when you get into these things.

I love BEagle saying we had to throw him out of Kuwait.....let me get this straight....we restored democracy to a kingdom? I recall Bush the Daddy say that once and almost bugled myself....sans the horn.

We fought Gulf 1 because we feared the Iraqi's were going to go into Saudi and corner darn near one third of the world's oil.

We fought Gulf 2 for other reasons....to say it was illegal is wrong. The UN Resolutions were and are still in place until the new government is in charge of the affairs of Iraq and the UN removes those sanctions and ends the Resolutions.

We left Korea undone....see where that has gotten us.

Just like in the old days....wars need to be fought to a conclusion....one side wins...one side loses....and is destroyed utterly in its ability to resist.

Very few of us totally support the war....or agreed with all of the reasons given. The Truth is one of the first victims of war....nothing new there.

If you care to check it...this is not a war in reality. No rationing, no national mobilzations, no conscriptions, no conversion of national industries to war time production of weapons.....nasty scene but not a "WAR".

That is one of the mistakes we continue to make....we are at "war"...the one against Terrorism....but we have not mobilized our populations to support the war. That is a worrisome thing....we cannot afford to lose this fight....if the terrorists are ever successful in striking us with a weapon of WMD.....you will see mobilzation but it will be tragically late.