PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2005, 12:57
AndyHUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am still hoping FLYBe do come to HUY, i think if they dont then there is hardly any chance another lo-co would do but you never know.

The argument 'if there was such a demand someone would have offered these routes by now' is IMO false. Regional airports like HUY dont usualy fit into most of the major airlines operations as they like to stay around the big hubs such as MAN and the London airports. KLM have done an excellent job with the feeder services from the regions and i find it strange that BA have not offered these feeders from the regions to LGW, to try to claw back some business!

10 years ago would you have honestly predicted how much the demnd for air travel has grown? LPL was never seen as a success, with three scheduled destinations and a few charters! EXT, BOH and NWI where never as busy as HUY! LBA was not handling many more PAX than HUY is now, maybe 700,000-800,000. These places are still growing and with FLYBe looking at further expansion on the East Coast (HUY, NWI and MME) it is believed that these airports will be following in the foot steps of the South Coast success stories such as SOU BOH and EXT!

Until someone officialy announces that HUY will never expand i will still remain optimistic for the future!