PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 800NG Bounce
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2005, 09:20
avick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
In relation to my problem,

The reason I put the post up in relation to the PMDG 800NG is due to the fact that I have tried the full auto land in the 6-700 and they work fine with no bounce. I figured the makers of the software tried to recreate the dynamics of the aircraft as closely as possible.

I also remember that PMDG 737 series got a glowing report from Boeing but for the life of me I can’t remember where I seen this report. Something about an 85% - 90% accuracies.

I have spent some time learning this aircraft (737-800) and its systems. So much so that I fly nothing else in the simulator.

Most of my information came from pilots who give me feedback on the aircraft and what I should be doing to get it as close to the real thing as possible. On more then one occasion I have heard from pilots that it is not uncommon for the aircraft to bounce on landing when using the full auto land. Not a big bounce, more a case of the main gear lifting up again until the aircraft settles down.

I decided to take a trip out to Dublin Airport and have a look for myself. As I watched a number of Ryanair 800’s coming in (11 in total) 8 of them had two puffs of smoke from the main gear. I was standing in a position that I could see the undercarriage.

8 out of 11 as far as I am concerned would be considered to be above average. As for the others it was hard to tell if it was a single or double main gear touch.

This did not seem to have any visible effect on the aircraft, more like going over a bump in the road.

I hope this gives you some idea as to where I am coming from.

PS do you fly aircraft for a living??

Sorry, that was ment for PM. Wrong Btn