PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2005, 14:35
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Tok,

Dear Boy...please do not confuse the issue with facts....it annoys the management.

A excellent analysis of the oil industry related aviaton business in Nigeria. The value of a simulators in Nigeria and a good flight training school is a very valid idea. The devil is in the details however.

The one comment I would make....and it is only trivial....take a moment and talk to some old hands at Bristow and get the low-down on the swimming pool at Eket situation. My recollection is the original pool at the airstrip was done by the staff with staff money as I recall. When that bit of accomodation got removed by bulldozers when the strip was improved....the pool was lost. A promise was made to replace it at Ekpan Estate...that never happened. The other operators are not all that golden hearted......but maybe better than ACN.

Aother thought is at Escravos...the pilots were encouraged not to use the facilities on their days off....in that it looked bad to those who worked every day. Thus, having access to sporting facilities might vary by your place on the food chain.