PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dan Fly 737
Thread: Dan Fly 737
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2005, 00:01
Yeager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny. I used to think that AB-initio vs expericed pilots was not an issue as such. Myself Im out of an AB-initio school, but before joining an "BIG" airline, I spend time in GA. Most of my, mates, went straight into the "BIG" airline, after AB-initio, and they are all doing jsut fine - from what I se. Some of them are commanders with this "BIG" airline now and did not have big problems obtaining that.

That being said. I do belive that a bit of experince from the challenging field of general aviation will make your attitude towards the operation a bit more balancing. Here I think of stuff like, general reasoning and mind set. If u have been down the road of eg "bush flying" you are likely to have been pushed to the extreems. In my 10 years of flying (which is not a lot, I know!) of which 7 are with major Airlines (2), I can not remember (prob due to Vino etc ) that Ive been out to the extreems with the "BIG" ones, but in contrast have been with the "bush flying" part of it.

Conclusion. A good AB-initio education is worth the money - and like someone said - attitude will get u there - but a bit of humble "bush flying" might just be what you need the day the **** hits the fan..

Anyways, you guys enjoy your life.
C