PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2005, 23:22
AndyHUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think CDG would definately work! A london airport would but it depends, you could say LCY but would the trains compete too much with that? LHR is unlikely now due to a lack of slots LGW is possible so i would say a toss up between LGW and LCY!

I couldnt see Thomsonfly in its low cost form at HUY i think that it will stitch up DSA and dont know if any other lo-co will go to DSA apart from Ryanair possibly basing a few aircraft there!

SOU would work with Eastern or FLYBe because of the connection of both areas due to the shipping industry. Remember both of these airlines have low operating costs so they can fly the routes without having huge loads!

Copenhagen, in my opinion, would work as every time i go from HUY via AMS there are always a number of people ending up in Copenhagen that origionated from HUY!

MRS i think is a none starter for the reasons AirHumberside stated.

Would BFS or BHD realy work? Ive never realy thaught about that. Would DUB not be better? Maybe Eastern or FLYbe would be suited to this route.

I understand DUS was, at one point, operated from HUY but i dont know how well it did, or how long it lasted. Wouldnt any german destination be better served from DSA? Something like HLX to Cologne?

At the end of the day, the region as a whole has never had more choice and i hope the emergance of DSA will only bring good things for all concerned and that both HUY and DSA grow to be succesful, first class regional airports!!!!

P.s. sorry about the 'P' in Thomson, i was thinking of the surname Thompson!