PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leeds Bradford Airport goes up in smoke!!
Old 10th Jun 2005, 20:51
G-LOST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can verify that 152 driver tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

The smoker's area was moved a week or so ago to the area behind Duty Free next to the crew access to the apron / downstairs offices. The location is not ventilated and as a result the smoke filters all around the ground floor of the departure hall, inside the bookshop, etc.

Every time I walk with my crew to the aircraft via this access point we are subjected to the cloud of smoke. The situation has eased a little in the last couple of days due to the installation of a machine designed to suck in the smoke, but it is totally inadequate for the job. Mid-week I reported for an early duty and there were at least 20 smokers standing in this area and there was the most incredible cloud. My clothes stank by the time I got out to the aircraft.

As a result, I took it upon myself to ring the duty manager twice but only got an answerphone. Our base captain has complained but tells me nothing will be done. About 15 of our crew have filled in complaint forms so far. We can't be the only ones?

LOST