PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pension Scheme
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2005, 19:50
Muff Coupling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ginseng..please read my post properly.

If a Gp Capt (Army full Col equiv) and Maj Army pilot on PES (A) (as Army pilot Lt Col's must revert back to CS) are both on AFPS 05...the PES (A) Maj at IDD level 35 will earn the same annual wage as a Gp Cpt in 1st year on apointment in that rank. By definition AFPS 05 IP is calculated on 50% of best / final 365 days salary in last 3 years service.

You have hit the nail though..the Army Maj can walk with a Gp Capt pension (calculated on wage in year 1 as above) once qual for AFPS 05 (1 day to qual) with 5 years on PES A from Apr 03. The Gp Capt currently on AFPS 75 has to do 2 years min in rank to get IPP at rep pay.

If he/she were to be on AFPS 05, he/she could be promoted to Gp Capt and retire 1 full year later at that wage, as the pension will be calculated on last 365 days salary of last 3 years service. So by a bu++ers muddle of 2 overlapping pension schemes, age, rank date, promotion date, retention scheme date, different service dates..my point is in fact correct.

Sometimes nonsense has a habit of becoming fact!

Indeed..I hear that the Army equiv of pay blunties initially said "nonsense..a Maj cannot get anywhere near a Col's pension"..er, ooops yes they can.....the green eyed monsters are out!!