PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL nightmare
Thread: ATPL nightmare
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2005, 10:36
pugzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya,

Thank you all for your very kind words.
I'm Steve Francis, and I teach Met and Aircraft Performance. I'd be more than happy to help, in fact only too pleased. Gimme a day with you and you will never regret it, promise. I'll make you understand it in a way you never thought possible, and you'll hopefully be shocked thats it's really not as bad as it seems.
I attach a wonderful testamony from a student here for you.

"I considered myself quite lucky recently when, in the absence of the regular instructor, you stood in to take the lectures. Many of the guys on the course, myself included, felt you did a good job of getting us to actually understand met in a way we probably hadn't done before. For me personally, it was far and away my bogey subject and I was dreading that particular exam.
After the last session of met I remember thanking you for your passionate efforts in getting us to actually think about -- and understand -- met. You said I could repay that by getting 100% in the exams. Well, that was probably too tall an order but I did get a creditable 93% instead. There is simply no way I could have envisaged that score before going through your class, particularly as April's paper had some awkward questions on it. So, ultimately, I'm writing to say another 'thank you' and hopefully give you the satisfaction of knowing that you got at least one pretty marginal meteorology student to pass with a respectable grade.
And if that's not enough, you can take heart from the fact that since your lectures I've now actually become curious --and dare I say, interested -- in Met. So much so that I've bought a book called Climatology for Airline Pilots by some chap called Quantick and have just finished Chapter One. If you've any other recommendations, fire away!"

Good luck

Steve Francis