PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hi i'm a pilot, new senior base pilot actually
Old 10th Jun 2005, 07:07
compressor stall

Received 141 Likes on 64 Posts
ytbr

Spent some of the best times of my flying career at YTBR, back when the pub was still 24 hours. I used to fly my own boags and coopers in from Darwin and pay the publican $25 to keep it in the fridge for my consumption at the bar. Worked out cheaper than buying VB. A great community there then, from the copper to the nurses to the teachers. I miss it, especially sitting in nine mile billabong with beers and a pommie backpacker...

Adventures aplenty included abseiling into that sinkhole on the way to Kildurk (got some great pics of the artwork at the bottom!) and discovering some new styles of aboriginal art in the cliffs high above the East Baines.

A well run base is an asset that can be sold. Back in my day we had a slick operation that used to turn over big$$. It was a vertiable cash cow, topped up when you could arrange back charters though your network of people in the public service.

A poorly run base run by a disinterested pilot with a mobile is not worth anywhere near as much, agreed. Funny the people that moan about being based out bush when/if they make it to fly something transport cat. start to think back to how much fun it was.

It's all down to you.

CS

BTW is my go-kart trophy still on the top shelf? And what happened to my FHMs?

Last edited by compressor stall; 10th Jun 2005 at 08:07.